Freedom from Loneliness
Subscribe by email
- Sorry I’ve been away….I had the winter blues!
- Have you really thought about what you’re eating?
- How much of your life are you living on automatic pilot?
- Finding inspiration after a period of feeling very uninspired!
- How do I find my inspiration again? What should I do when I simply don’t feel inspired?
- Why am I still single? A little poll – please vote and tell me what you think! October 9, 2012
- That feeling of being in the waiting room … October 1, 2012
- Should I just be happy being single and stop looking for Mr Right? September 28, 2012
Category Archives: Saving money
“What else could that ring buy?” asks Laura Vanderkam in her book All the money in the world. The average couple in the States spends $5.392 on an engagement ring and, according to Laura, it’s not necessarily money well spent. … Continue reading
My last post was about the satisfaction of doing things for yourself rather than paying someone else to do them and I’m still thinking about making things. A doctor friend once said he envied my job at the BBC. The … Continue reading
In Tuesday’s post about 18 Inspiring Stories of Real People Doing Inspiring Things, I mentioned John-Paul Flintoff, a journalist who started making his own clothes. As if making his own clothes wasn’t enough, rather than getting a professional rat-catcher in … Continue reading
I love reading real-life stories of people changing their lives and living in a different way. It started when I read Elizabeth Gilbert’s Eat Pray Love and practically had withdrawal symptoms when I finished it. I loved it. It made … Continue reading
I went to London twice in March for a few days each time. Given that I’ve only just got work after a period of unemployment, I wondered whether I could really have a good time on my own in the … Continue reading