Freedom from Loneliness
Subscribe by email
- Sorry I’ve been away….I had the winter blues!
- Have you really thought about what you’re eating?
- How much of your life are you living on automatic pilot?
- Finding inspiration after a period of feeling very uninspired!
- How do I find my inspiration again? What should I do when I simply don’t feel inspired?
- Why am I still single? A little poll – please vote and tell me what you think! October 9, 2012
- That feeling of being in the waiting room … October 1, 2012
- Should I just be happy being single and stop looking for Mr Right? September 28, 2012
Category Archives: The Happiness Project
This is my route home from work: the M62. As motorways go, it’s beautiful, cutting through Saddleworth Moor. But often I arrive home and I can’t really remember how I got there. I’ve driven on automatic pilot, my mind … Continue reading
I love reading real-life stories of people changing their lives and living in a different way. It started when I read Elizabeth Gilbert’s Eat Pray Love and practically had withdrawal symptoms when I finished it. I loved it. It made … Continue reading
Please buy a copy and give me some positive feedback on Amazon! All the proceeds are going to charity – through my Help100 project – so it’s in a good cause! Available at a bargain price of just £1.53! Just … Continue reading
Recently, I ended up in Kentucky Fried Chicken with a group of meat-eaters. I’ve not been veggie for very long – just over a year. I was working and I knew I had to eat or risk getting a migraine … Continue reading
Yesterday I had one of those days. Despite the fact that I’m normally to be found bemoaning my lack of time, wishing that there were enough hours in the day to go for a run, write my next chapter, ring … Continue reading
This is a guest post by Henri Nouwen….well, not really, since Henri Nouwen doesn’t know he is writing on my blog unless he is looking down on me from heaven! But I loved this and wanted to share it. It’s … Continue reading
When I arrived for my retreat in South Wales the other week, one of the nuns saw the massive amount of luggage that I’d brought and commented that I must be rather materialistic. I don’t consider myself materialistic because I … Continue reading
I’ve already written about the day I spent in Hay on Wye last week and what an incredible day I had. It was just lovely. Remember the movie Groundhog Day? Well, if I got stuck having one day over and … Continue reading
I don’t consider myself to be materialistic. In fact, I’d go as far as to pride myself on not being materialistic. I mean, a materialistic person would hardly set herself the challenge of going a whole year without buying any … Continue reading