Freedom from Loneliness
Subscribe by email
- Sorry I’ve been away….I had the winter blues!
- Have you really thought about what you’re eating?
- How much of your life are you living on automatic pilot?
- Finding inspiration after a period of feeling very uninspired!
- How do I find my inspiration again? What should I do when I simply don’t feel inspired?
- Why am I still single? A little poll – please vote and tell me what you think! October 9, 2012
- That feeling of being in the waiting room … October 1, 2012
- Should I just be happy being single and stop looking for Mr Right? September 28, 2012
Category Archives: Time
This is my route home from work: the M62. As motorways go, it’s beautiful, cutting through Saddleworth Moor. But often I arrive home and I can’t really remember how I got there. I’ve driven on automatic pilot, my mind … Continue reading
OK, you might have noticed a distinct lack of blog posts recently and that’s down to one thing: time. I never seem to have enough. I don’t have time to tidy my bedroom which, quite frankly, looks like it belongs … Continue reading
In his book The Moneyless Man, author Mark Boyle points out the irony that in the room we call the living room, the activity that we do most is watching TV. Does that count as living? I watch less TV … Continue reading
It’s nearly two weeks since I posted on my blog – and I can’t really say where those two weeks have disappeared to. Sometimes, I seem to have weeks where I get a lot done and can look at what … Continue reading
As you probably already know, I should still be on my six week silent retreat. Although I didn’t go, I decided to make some changes at home – the sorts of changes I’d have made if I had been on … Continue reading
“Where have you disappeared to?” asked a text last night. I suppose I have rather disappeared of late. I haven’t been going to Ceroc, sending nearly as many emails, going out with my friends as much or blogging. Initially, this … Continue reading
If you read my blog regularly, or know me in person, you’ll know I should be away on a six week silent retreat now. But I’m not. I retreated from the retreat. Partly for practical reasons – I am finally … Continue reading
The internet is full of blog posts about New Year’s Resolutions and there isn’t any need for yet another post full of well-intentioned advice on how to stick to your good intentions. So I won’t write one. But I am … Continue reading
The philosopher Erich Fromm said, “Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either.” Perhaps, if you aren’t capable of loving yourself, you aren’t capable of loving someone else. I’ve often wondered if … Continue reading