Freedom from Loneliness
Subscribe by email
- Sorry I’ve been away….I had the winter blues!
- Have you really thought about what you’re eating?
- How much of your life are you living on automatic pilot?
- Finding inspiration after a period of feeling very uninspired!
- How do I find my inspiration again? What should I do when I simply don’t feel inspired?
- Why am I still single? A little poll – please vote and tell me what you think! October 9, 2012
- That feeling of being in the waiting room … October 1, 2012
- Should I just be happy being single and stop looking for Mr Right? September 28, 2012
Tag Archives: achieving your goals
I was a bit absent from my blogs last week. I was busy. It was my last week at the BBC and I was finishing off my three programmes, submitting my expenses and saying my goodbyes. But now my three … Continue reading
I am seriously allergic to nuts. I know this for a fact, having experienced the mad ambulance dash to A & E followed by a couple of days in Intensive Care. I don’t want to go through that again. For … Continue reading
Where did 2011 go? As I get older, each year seems to go by more quickly and 2011 was no exception. Like many people, I marked the New Year by making resolutions but nearly 12 months later, I’ve more or … Continue reading
The great Thomas Merton once wrote: “For me to be a saint means to be myself…therefore the problem of sanctity and salvation is in fact the problem of finding out who I am and discovering my true self.” I have … Continue reading
I’m in a unique position. I can’t remember ever having been in this position before – well, not in my adult life. It is scary and exciting at the same time. Some days it makes me feel pathetic and useless … Continue reading
Fuel prices have been in the news again. There’s yet another rise on the cards. And as fuel prices get higher, fuel theft becomes more common. In 2008, a surge in fuel prices caused a 500% rise of fuel theft … Continue reading
I’ve blogged about clothes a few times. At the start of the year, I vowed that in the spirit of consuming less, I wouldn’t buy clothes for a whole year. I lasted till August! In August I blogged about I’d … Continue reading
You probably all know by now that one of my favourite books is The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I love this book: it’s all about changing your life and yourself for the better. It’s full of motivating ideas for … Continue reading
I recently spent a very lovely day with my friend Ken. We ate ice-creams, we walked in the park, we drank mugs of tea….lovely. It was a pretty perfect day really – a sunny day in the company of a … Continue reading