Freedom from Loneliness
Subscribe by email
- Sorry I’ve been away….I had the winter blues!
- Have you really thought about what you’re eating?
- How much of your life are you living on automatic pilot?
- Finding inspiration after a period of feeling very uninspired!
- How do I find my inspiration again? What should I do when I simply don’t feel inspired?
- Why am I still single? A little poll – please vote and tell me what you think! October 9, 2012
- That feeling of being in the waiting room … October 1, 2012
- Should I just be happy being single and stop looking for Mr Right? September 28, 2012
Tag Archives: wasting time
In his book The Moneyless Man, author Mark Boyle points out the irony that in the room we call the living room, the activity that we do most is watching TV. Does that count as living? I watch less TV … Continue reading
As you probably already know, I should still be on my six week silent retreat. Although I didn’t go, I decided to make some changes at home – the sorts of changes I’d have made if I had been on … Continue reading
The great Thomas Merton once wrote: “For me to be a saint means to be myself…therefore the problem of sanctity and salvation is in fact the problem of finding out who I am and discovering my true self.” I have … Continue reading
Ever heard the Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins? Twelve virgins were awaiting the arrival of the bridegroom. Six of them had brought extra oil for their lamps – no-one knew how long it would be before the bridegroom … Continue reading
I seem to be spending my life organising my life at the moment and it’s not a very satisfactory feeling. At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old woman or a bit of a Victor Meldrew, I just can’t … Continue reading
Whenever I read about motivation on other people’s blogs or in self-help books, it’s always concerned with how to be more motivated. How to be motivated to achieve something you’re always wanted to do like writing your first novel or … Continue reading
Paradoxically, people have more time today than ever before. Workdays of twelve hours and more are a thing of the past for most workers, and the household chores are easier to manage, with the ubiquity of dishwashers and microwave ovens, … Continue reading
I recently spent a very lovely day with my friend Ken. We ate ice-creams, we walked in the park, we drank mugs of tea….lovely. It was a pretty perfect day really – a sunny day in the company of a … Continue reading